THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO GET STARTED
The Maryland Tobacco Quitline offers many ways to enroll and get support. See below for how to get started and get the best kind of support for you.
Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) to enroll today.
Quitting tobacco is one of the most important steps a person can take to improve their health and quality of life. The Maryland Tobacco Quitline, 1-800-QUIT-NOW, is a FREE evidence based telephone counseling program available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Quitline provides services in English, Spanish, and additional languages via translation services by highly trained coaches to Marylanders 13 years and older.
Callers will receive multiple coaching calls and have unlimited toll-free access to coaches for the duration of the program.
Additionally, callers will have access to free online support that integrates with coaching services and a digital texting service for additional support and tips to quit.
Callers who are 18 years and older are eligible for a FREE supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), while supplies last. This includes FDA approved NRT products such as the patch, gum, or lozenge.
Select a video below for more information. Closed Captioning available.
Text “READY” to 200-400 to enroll today.
Whether you enroll by text, online, or by phone, Maryland residents 18 and older can receive the following text support messages:
- Setting a quit date.
- Managing cravings by providing motivational text messages on coping skills and educational text messages in the forms of games and quizzes.
- Providing tips on using Nicotine Replacement Therapy correctly, and information on how to order the patch or gum for free. (Eligible registered participants 18 and older).
- Supportive messages for up to four weeks prior to your quit date and for up to four months following your quit date.
Enroll in Text Support through phone, text, or web services.
Enroll online for the Quitline program today.
You are one step closer in enrolling. If you are thinking about quitting, or ready to quit smoking today, you can enroll from this site by clicking the link below.
Once enrolled, there will be a coach that can help you, or participants 18 and older, with the following services:
- Information on the health risks of continued smoking and of second hand smoke along with the benefits of quitting.
- Unlimited counseling and feedback from coaches trained to assist in the quitting process.
- Personalized tobacco treatment plans for each registered participant.
- Ability to order a free twelve-week supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapy, such as the patch, gum, or lozenge. (Eligible registered participants 18 and older).
- Access to local resources like classes, that provide additional tobacco cessation support.