If you’re thinking about quitting but have questions about how it fits into your current treatment plans, the Quitline has options for you.
Quitting tobacco use is an important part of recovery. Though you may feel it’s easier to wait to treat your tobacco addiction, quitting now will improve your health and help support your recovery. You can do it.
The Maryland Tobacco Quitline is here to provide the support you need to succeed. When you call the Quitline, you’ll receive:
- Free, confidential one-on-one counseling from highly trained coaches
- A personalized plan with a quit date
- Follow-up help and encouragement
- Web, phone, and text services are available
- A free supply of Nicotine Replacement Therapy, such as patches or gum, while supplies last, if 18 years or older
Here is what other Marylanders have said about the Maryland Tobacco Quitline:
“I like that there are multiple different ways for you all to communicate with me. I get periodic text messages and I am given helpful tips.”
“It actually helped me. They gave me a support system. Also, they gave free gum and patches. It was helpful to not have to pay for them.”
“The support is awesome, they treated you like a person, they cared.”
Looking for additional recovery support? Explore resources such as Maryland Crisis Connect at 211MD.org.