ADDITIONAL TOBACCO TREATMENT RESOURCES
Free resources to help Maryland residents live tobacco-free:
- Health Portal (myquitforlife.com)
If you are looking to support a young adult in your life in their quit journey or understand when is best to intervene, the Live Vape Free Program can support you.
- Healthcare Providers: Tools and Resources | Health Care Providers | Partners | Tips From Former Smokers | CDC
If you are a healthcare professional, you can find resources and materials here to help talk to your patients and clients about quitting smoking.
- Maryland 211
Maryland 211 links Marylanders to essential health and human resources, including mental health support, substance use services, and health care.
- Maryland Smoke-Free Living
Save money, save your building, and save lives by going smoke-free in your building.
- Order Materials (smokingstopshere.com)
You can order FREE Quitline or secondhand smoke materials to use at events, offices, and other spaces.
- Pregnant Moms Who Smoke
The Maryland Tobacco Quitline has free and confidential services for pregnant moms who smoke.
- The Vape Experiment
The Vape Experiment provides information and resources for youth and young adults about vaping and how to get help to quit.
- Truth: inspiring lives free from smoking, vaping, and nicotine
Truth offers the latest news and quitting resources for youth and young adults.
- Working with Behavioral Health Communities
If you are working with residents or clients and want to encourage cessation in their recovery plan, you can find materials and information on how to do so here.
National networks focused on tobacco-free living:
- National Behavioral Health Network for Tobacco and Cancer Control
- National LGBT Cancer Network
- National Native Network (Keep It Sacred)
- The Center for Black Health & Equity
- ASPIRE Network
- Nuestras Voces (Our Voices) Network
- SelfMade Health Network
- Geographic Health Equity Alliance
These videos feature real Quitline coaches explaining what people can expect when calling the Quitline for the first time and the support coaches can provide to help people quit smoking for good:
- Calling a Quitline for the First Time
- Everyone’s Different
- Resources That Work
- Managing Cravings and Avoiding Triggers
- Quitlines Work
Learn how the Maryland Tobacco Quitline helped real Maryland residents: